CELEBRATING 70 YEARS (1947-2017), 2017 JUNE RECITAL
Saturday June 10th 11:00am, 1:30pm, 4:00pm, 6:30pm &
Sunday June 11th 11:00am, 1:30pm, 4:00pm, 6:30pm
The shows have no intermission.
at the Woodside Performing Arts Center, Churchill Ave. (cross street Woodside Road, Woodside)
All students should be backstage in the dressing room with the parent in charge of the group 30 minutes before the start of the show. Do not wear your costumes to the theatre, please change in your assigned dressing room. After leaving your child backstage, please return to the theatre to enjoy the show. Their teacher will meet them backstage with the chaperone and escort the children on and off the stage. The chaperone will stay with the children and watch them perform in the wings. After their dance, the parent in charge will escort them to the dressing rooms for parent pick up. Please pick up your child when they are done dancing, not at the end of the show. After you have picked up your child, take them back into the theatre so that they may enjoy the other dances. Dancers will need a ticket to sit in the theatre,unless they wish to sit on their parents lap, at no charge. Students in more than one number stay backstage to prepare for their next dance. They will need their parent with them backstage at this time; the parent will take them to the next group parent. A mother in charge of a group is not responsible to deliver a student to their next dance.
will be distributed in class at the beginning of May.
will be in each class the week prior to performances (Saturday June 3rd through Friday June 9th). No theatre dress rehearsal.
SHOW RUNNING ORDER
will be posted at all Studios in May. Please check to see where in the show your child will be dancing. Each class performs in one show on one day. Advanced students are in multiple shows. Please check spelling of your dancers name in the program posted at the studios.
ALL SEATS ARE RESERVED!
Adults $25.00 – Child/Senior $15.00
Children are 12 and under and Seniors are 62 and above. Young children sitting on lap do not need a ticket.
- Tickets will go on sale Saturday, May 6th 9:00am-1:00pm (CASH OR CHECK ONLY) at the Main Studio, back parking lot.
- Tickets will also be on sale in the office starting May 8th (CASH, CHECK or CC).
- If you do not wish to wait in line, order forms will be available to pick-up in the office from April 22nd onwards. Forms should be returned to the office with payment (CASH or CHECK only). On Saturday May 6 at 2:00pm, the best seats available will be attributed based on the order the forms were received.
No refunds. Tickets can be exchanged for different shows, pending availability. Please make sure you purchase tickets for the correct show your child will be dancing in.
Tickets will be sold at the door before performance times, if still available. Please note that in the past some of the shows have sold out.
PLEASE REMEMBER A FEW RULES:
- NO eating or gum chewing in your costume.
- NO jewelry on stage, please leave it at home as we are not responsible for watching purses and valuables.
- NO underpants under costumes
- Hair should be neat and styled according to the teachers directions.
- Light make up, lipstick and blush may be used by the dancers. No nail polish.
- Check with the teacher about your attire; tights, socks, etc.
5 & 10 YEAR ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS –
Sign-up for awards will be in the office, or you may email Carolyn. Please indicate which show you will be receiving your award by May 10th. Not having your name called on stage can be very disappointing. If you are to receive an award, please come backstage toward the end of your show.
DVDs – The shows will be professionally taped by Visconti Productions. Copies will be available for purchase. Order forms will be available in the office and at the theatre. DVDs may be ordered through the Sunday shows.
- Theatre doors open 1/2 hour prior to each show.
- The shows start ON TIME and we ask that the audience be in their seats before the show begins.
- NO strollers are allowed in the theatre at any time. Please park them in the lobby.
- NO eating or gum chewing in the theatre
- When entering and exiting the theatre to pick up your child, you MUST go in and out only through the rear doors. Do not use the side doors.
- Please go in and out only between dances, as it is distracting to the dancers and disturbing to the audience.
- No videotaping
- Flash Photography is not allowed in the theatre. It is a hazard and a distraction to the dancers. You may use a camera with a no-flash mode only
STUDIO PHOTOS (optional)
Students pictures in costumes will be taken in May and June by “Nancy Mueller Photography”.
Class photos taken during dress rehearsal week in regular class times, Saturday June 3rd through Friday June 9th levels three & below. Requests for a class photo for students levels four and above should be made via email to the MPAD office.
Starting Mid-April make an appointment at the office for Nancy’s optional individual dance photos (to be taken in Studio 4):
- Sat. May 20th, 1:30-5:30pm
- Sun. May 21st, 9:00am-5:30pm
- Sat. June 3rd, 1:30-5:30pm
- Sun. June 4th, 9:00am-5:30pm
Volunteers are needed to act as ushers, box office, etc. A sign-up Genius invitation will be sent via email. Please sign up online if you can assist.
FLOWERS AND FUNDRAISERS
Studio tote bags and flowers will be for sale in the lobby at the recital. Flowers can be pre-ordered and paid in the office. All flowers may be picked up on the day of each show in the lobby. The proceeds benefit the Competition Team Scholarship Fund. Please help support our team!
THIS IS NOT IN THE SHOW RUNNING ORDER
SATURDAY JUNE 10th – 11:00am
- Monday 3:00pm Pre Dance & Tap 4yrs – Mae
- Monday 3:30pm Jazz I – Lauren
- Monday 6:45pm Advanced Ballet – Michael
- Monday 8:15 Advanced Pointe – Michael
- Tuesday 4:00pm Ballet I – Elizabeth
- Tuesday 4:00 Beg. Hip Hop – Deborah
- Tuesday 4:00pm Ballet III – Sarah
- Wednesday 4:00pm Boys Hip Hop – Deborah
- Friday 3:30pm Pre Ballet 5 yrs – Emily
- Friday 4:30pm Beg. Jazz – Emily
- Friday 5:00pm Jazz III – Lauren
- Saturday 9:30am Ballet III – Emily
SATURDAY JUNE 10th – 1:30pm
- Monday 4:00pm Ballet I – Mae
- Monday 5:00pm Ballet III – Mae
- Tuesday 6:00pm Advanced II Ballet – Sarah
- Wednesday 4:00pm Boys Hip Hop – Deborah
- Wednesday 5:00pm Lyrical III – Lauren
- Thursday 9:30am Pre Dance & Tap 3yrs – Nicole
- Thursday 10:30am Pre Dance & Tap 4yrs – Nicole
- Thursday 4:00pm Ballet I – Sarah
- Thursday 4:00pm Pre Ballet 5yrs – Terrin
- Thursday 4:00pm Primary Ballet – Junna
- Thursday 5:00pm Ballet III – Junna
- Saturday 11:00am Advanced II Contemporary – Michael
SATURDAY JUNE 10th – 4:00pm
- Monday 4:00pm Beg. Tap I – Dottie
- Monday 5:00pm Tap III – Dottie
- Monday 7:00pm Inter. Teen Ballet – Mae
- Tuesday 9:30 Pre Dance & Tap 3yrs – Nicole
- Tuesday 5:00pm Hip Hop I & II – Deborah
- Tuesday 7pm Inter./Adv. Hip Hop – Deborah
- Wednesday 4:00pm Lyrical I – Isabelle
- Wednesday 4:30pm Ballet I – Mae
- Wednesday 5:00pm Advanced I Lyrical – Isabelle
- Wednesday 5:30pm Ballet III – Mae
- Wednesday 6:00pm Adv. Foundation Ballet – Sarah
- Saturday 9:00am Pre Dance & Tap 3yrs – Mae
- Saturday 11:30am Ballet I – Emily
- Saturday 12:00pm Adv. I Contemporary – Michael
SATURDAY JUNE 10th – 6:30pm
- Monday 4:30pm Inter. Foundation Ballet – Sarah
- Tuesday 6:00pm Beg. Teen Hip Hop – Deborah
- Wednesday 4:00pm Primary Ballet – Sarah
- Wednesday 5:00pm Ballet V – Sarah
- Wednesday 7:00pm Inter. Teen Jazz – Lauren
- Thursday 5:00pm Ballet V – Elizabeth
- Thursday 7:00pm Inter. Teen Lyrical – Terrin
- Friday 5:00pm Jazz V – Lauren
- Saturday 9:00am Pre Ballet 5yrs – Junna
- Saturday 10:00am Inter. Ballet – Junna
- Saturday 10:30am Primary Ballet – Emily
SUNDAY JUNE 11th – 11:00am
- Monday 4:00pm Ballet II – Chantelle
- Monday 6:00pm Tap IV & V – Dottie
- Tuesday 4:00pm Primary Ballet – Terrin
- Tuesday 5:00pm Ballet IV – Sarah
- Thursday 4:00pm Ballet IV – Elizabeth
- Friday 2:30pm Pre Dance & Tap 3yrs – Emily
- Friday 3:00pm Pre Ballet 4yrs – Julia
- Saturday 9:30am Inter./Adv. Ballet – Michael
- Saturday 11:00am Pre Ballet 5yrs -Mae
- Saturday 11:30am Lyrical IV – Patricia
- Saturday 12:30pm Ballet II – Emily
- Saturday 12:30pm Inter./Adv. Lyrical – Patricia
SUNDAY JUNE 11th – 1:30pm
- Monday 4:30pm Jazz II – Lauren
- Tuesday 5:00pm Inter. Lyrical – Terrin
- Tuesday 7:00pm Adv. I Jazz – Terrin
- Thursday 7:30pm Adv. I Ballet – Sarah
- Wednesday 4:00pm Jazz IV – Lauren
- Thursday 3:00pm Pre Ballet 4yrs – Sarah
- Thursday 4:00pm Ballet II – Chantelle
- Thursday 5:00pm Lyrical II – Terrin
- Thursday 5:00pm Inter. I Ballet – Chantelle
- Saturday 10:00am Pre Ballet 4yrs – Mae
- Saturday 1:00pm Ballet IV – Chantelle
- Saturday Advanced Ballet – Peter
SUNDAY JUNE 11th – 4:00pm
- Monday 3:00pm Pre Ballet 5yrs – Chantelle
- Monday 5:00pm Ballet IV – Chantelle
- Monday 6:00pm Inter./Adv. Jazz – Lauren
- Monday 6:45pm Advanced Pointe – Michael
- Tuesday 5:00pm Tap II – Dottie
- Wednesday 3:00pm Tap & Jazz 5-6yrs – Lauren
- Wednesday 3:30pm Pre Ballet 5yrs – Mae
- Wednesday 5:00pm Ballet II – Chantelle
- Wednesday 6:00pm Adv. II Jazz – Lauren
- Thursday 5:00pm Inter. II Ballet – Sarah
- Friday 4:00pm Ballet II – Sarah
- Friday 5:00pm Inter. II Contemporary – Michael
- Saturday 12:00pm Pre Dance & Tap 4yrs – Mae
SUNDAY JUNE 11th – 6:30pm
- Monday 3:30pm Primary Ballet – Sarah
- Monday 6:00pm Beg. Teen Ballet – Mae
- Monday 7:00pm Beg. Teen Lyrical – Lauren
- Tuesday 4:00pm Adv. Tap – Dottie
- Tuesday 5:00pm Ballet V – Elizabeth
- Tuesday 6:00pm Inter. Jazz – Terrin
- Wednesday 6:00pm Lyrical V – Isabelle
- Wednesday 7:00pm Adv. II Lyrical – Isabelle
- Thursday 6:00pm Beg. Teen Jazz – Terrin
- Friday 4:00pm Inter. I Contemporary – Michael
- Saturday 9:30am Adv. Ballet – Peter
- Saturday 11:00am Inter. Ballet – Peter
Menlowe Ballet, our local professional ballet company performing at the Menlo-Atherton Performing Arts Center, announces its spring season, April 28-30!
FLORAISON celebrates artistry unfolding within our ranks with a world premiere by Michael Lowe & Sarah-Jane Measor performed by our seasoned company professionals to the music of Philip Glass, a new contemporary work choreographed by company dancers Stefanie Maughan and Ali McKeon, award-winning performances by aspiring dancers from Menlo Park Academy of Dance, and the return of Ms. Measor’s powerfully poignant Portraits honoring real women in history who have touched the world with their courage and creativity. Don’t miss this spectacular season! Tickets are on sale now!
HOP TO IT! SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR FLORAISON TICKETS NOW!
From now through Easter Sunday, all Studio Families will receive an exclusive 20% off each ticket to see Floraison! This offer is good for all shows. Please use discount code MPAOD at checkout. Hurry… get your tickets now before the discount expires at midnight on April 16! www.menloweballet.org or by calling 800-595-4TIX (4849).
MPAD Summer Intensive for Intermediate and Advanced students will be June 12th through June 23rd, 2017. The Intensive offers elite instruction in classical ballet technique, pointe, variations, pas de deux, contemporary, jazz and African dance. Lectures and Q & A sessions covering a variety of dance-related topics will be offered. The program culminates in an on-stage performance that family and friends can attend on June 23rd.
MPAD JUNIOR INTENSIVE will take place June 26th-July 1st, 2017 and and MPAD SUMMER CLASSES July 10th to August 12th, 2017. Sign-up online mid-April. Please join us for another exciting summer!
Please contact the MPAD office if you have any questions.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 9am-1pm. 650-323-5292
All dates are listed on our calendar page at www.menloparkacademyofdance.com