Welcome to Menlo Park Academy of Dance! We want you to enjoy every minute you spend here learning dance, achieving goals and participating in studio activities. Our wish is that it will be a time of joy and fulfillment that will last a lifetime.
- Be on time for class.
- No talking in class.
- Be neat and clean in appearance to show body alignment. Dress code for each class is compulsory.
- Warm up clothes and t-shirts are not permitted in class. Students may wear a fitted ballet wrap sweater in winter.
- Hair must always be secured off the face & neck for all classes. A classical ballet bun with hairpins & hairnet is required for ballet levels I & up.
- Do not wear bracelets, necklaces, watches or dangle earrings.
- Do not chew gum in class.
- Food is not permitted in any of the buildings.
- Cover-ups are required before and after class when entering and leaving the building.
- NO photography or filming of classes at any time.
- Menlo Park Academy of Dance does not teach technique to students who compete with a Competition Team at other local dance studios, as this represents a conflict of interest within the classroom and student body.
Students must be picked up promptly at the end of each class. Menlo Park Academy teachers are not expected to wait for parents or care givers to pick up their dancers at the end of each day.
Below is a guideline for selecting the appropriate level of classes. Please contact the office if you have any questions regarding which level to enroll your student
- Primary – 1st grade in school
- Ballet I – 2nd grade in school
- Ballet II – 3rd grade in school
- Ballet III – 4th grade in school
- Ballet IV – 5th grade in school
- Ballet V – 6th grade in school
- Students must take corresponding ballet, jazz & lyrical levels.
- Lyrical Students level I-V are required to be enrolled in a Ballet class at MPAD.
- Ballet V students may take Saturday Intermediate Ballet at 11am ONLY if they are enrolled in THREE Ballet V classes.
- Enrollment in Advanced level classes is by permission of Director only.
- 3 Ballet Technique classes are required to be eligible for Pointe. Intermediate & Advanced contemporary classes are not counted as part of this requirement.
- Contemporary students are required to be enrolled in a Ballet class at MPAD. Intermediate Contemporary is only open to Intermediate Ballet level and up. Ballet V students are NOT permitted in this class.
- Permission from the studio director is needed to change class level.If you are not sure which level is appropriate for your child, please email or call the office before registering.